Friday, January 9, 2015

Eagles - Fox River - M. C. Kinney Photography - Appleton, WI

I had a bunch of errands to run this morning so of course my first thought was that I would have no time to go shooting the birds before opening the studio. But...I was able to finish my trips about town in record time and DID have time to swing by a place relatively close to downtown Appleton to see if anything was out and about. And I'm glad I did. First thing I saw was a Bald Eagle perched on a tree in the middle of the river, but still relatively close. I was able to get off some shots of him sitting there, and then a couple of him flying around above me as he was looking for a fish.
Soon after I saw this Immature Eagle flying around.
But then it got a little quiet so I thought I'd take a couple images of the surrounding dam and a couple of some daring Mergansers that decided to weather the whitewater rapids.
Those crazy Mergansers! How they thought floating through that would be easier than flying over it I don't know! After a few more minutes I decided it was time to actually get some work done and headed toward the studio. But alas, I was detained again. Up in a tree above my car was this beauty:
So even in my haste today, I was still able to get my fix and come upon some pretty amazing surprises!


No comments:

Post a Comment