Saturday, January 10, 2015

Snowy Owls - Collins, WI - Appleton Photographer - M. C. Kinney Photography

Tuesday after photographing one of the Dance Teams in the Brillion area, I decided to head over toward the Killsnake State Wildlife Area in my quest to photograph a Great Horned Owl. Of course, I decided to take the long way around and swung past Collins first to see if any of the Snowy Owls were out hunting. Well, I never made it to Killsnake; 'cause this is what I saw on my way instead:
This little beauty hanging out on a dead tree hunting over one of the farm fields. And within a few minutes, tada...an appetizer!
After consuming that little tidbit, back onto the tree she went. At least, I think she is a she.
Then a few minutes later
down for some more.
And then, just because one can never get enough live mice meat, she went down again. I'd show a picture of that but to be honest, it was about 4:45pm by then and pretty dark and I couldn't find her camouflaged in the field as she was. So, in 25 minutes, three mice eaten (I do feel a little sorry for that family as I have a feeling they were missing quite a few of their group that night). When I left her a few minutes later...she was again perched, waiting for more! Mmmm...what's for dinner?!








No comments:

Post a Comment